NurseBass asked me about 2 weeks ago if I was interested in doing a video collab. The first step in any collaboration deciding on a topic. So here we sit 2 weeks later and no progress. My experience with collaborations is that in order for projects to move forward the participants must set measurable objectives with deadlines. To get this project moving I issued a challenge to NurseBass to come up with 10 topics by midnght Thursday and I would do the same. On Friday we will compare lists and pick a topic.
The next step will be to set a due date on competing our respective videos.
It is now Wednesday 7/15/2015 and I have come in with my 10 topic ideas a full 24 hours ahead of the deadline. Some of you may not know that I was a nursing clinical instructor in a former life. The topics with a “vs” in them would be presented as a nursing student/nursing instructor perspective.
- Writing a care plan is painful vs Reading a care plan is painful
- 5 Characteristics of a great clinical instructor vs 5 Characteristics of a great nursing student
- 5 Things I’ve learned in Clinical vs 5 Things I’ve learned as a clinical instructor
- Where do I see myself in 5 years vs Where I’ve been for 5+ years
- 5 Reasons I want to be a nurse vs 5 Reasons I became a nurse
- 5 Things I would do different if I were given a “do over”
- 5 Procedures I have done or that I look forward to vs 5 procedures I’ve done and do well
- 5 Questions my friends and/or family have asked me about being a nurse
- 5 Things I know about Obamacare that directly affects nurses.
- 5 reasons I became a YouTube nurse.
As soon as NurseBass sends in his ideas I will post them below. We will compare lists and out of the 20 topics generated one will be chosen. Once that process has been completed a due date for the actual videos will be determined.
7/16/15 Just in. NurseBass has submitted his topics.
- Tough Clinic Instructors (Instructor Perspective vs Student Perspective)
- 3 Things I Wish I Had Been Told Before Beginning Nursing School (Me)/3 Things I Wish They Taught Me In Nursing School [About Real World of Nursing] (You)
- Advice For New Nursing Student (Me)/Advice For New Graduate Nurse (You)
- “Know It All” Nursing Students (Me)/”Know It All” Nurses (You)
- Good Grades Don’t Make Good Nursing Students (Me)/Good Grades Don’t Make Good Nurses (You)
- Study Groups in Nursing School
- Is Nursing School Hard?
- Nursing School: The Ugly Truth (Me)/Field of Nursing: The Ugly Truth (You)
- Male Nurse: Are You A Doctor?
- Importance of Continued Education
Acting small, dreaming big, moving forward, every day.